Now hiring a project manager
Deadline to apply: Thursday, November 15
Do you want to help grassroots community groups get the funding they need to create real change in the Philadelphia region? Can you discuss the nuances of racism, classism, and community organizing in ways that are easily understood? Are you a strong project manager with impeccable attention to detail? Are you known for inspiring and motivating volunteers? Are you a strong facilitator who loves working with groups?
Bread & Roses Community Fund believes in change, not charity. We organize donors to give at all levels to support community-based groups in building movements for racial and economic justice. Since 1977, Bread & Roses has distributed more than $10 million in grants and provided thousands of hours of leadership development and other technical assistance programming to hundreds of community-based groups fighting for better schools, good jobs, fewer prisons, quality healthcare, a safe environment, and much more.
The Giving Project is an innovative model for building community and moving money to grassroots organizing in the Philadelphia region. The Giving Project brings together a cross-class, cross-race, intergenerational group of 16 to 20 people who commit to a six month process of shared learning, giving, fundraising and grantmaking. Bread & Roses piloted the Giving Project in 2016 and we now run three Giving Projects per year. Since 2016, Giving Projects at Bread & Roses have raised over $1 million dollars.
The project manager will report to the director of programs and will be responsible for recruiting for, managing, and facilitating Giving Projects.
- Recruit Giving Project participants with attention to building groups that are cross-race, cross-class, and intergenerational.
- Co-facilitate Giving Projects with other staff.
- Provide one-on-one coaching and ongoing support of Giving Project members in their fundraising.
- Coordinate logistics for Giving Project meetings.
- Manage data related to Giving Project participants and their fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate grantmaking processes for Giving Projects.
- Expect to work frequent evenings and weekends to facilitate Giving Project meetings.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly connect, build trust and develop authentic relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong active listening skills
- Highly organized, with strong project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated committed to social justice, progressive social change, and the core values of Bread & Roses.
Bread & Roses is committed to affirmative action and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ, elderly candidates, and candidates with disabilities to apply.
This position is based in Philadelphia.
Salary range is $40,000 to $45,000 based on experience and includes a generous benefits package.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Bread & Roses Community Fund, 1315 Walnut St., Suite 1300, Philadelphia, PA 19107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. The projected start date is January 2. We appreciate all applicants, but please be advised that we can only respond to those best qualified for the position.
Jobs for Change
Join our Jobs for Change group to receive notifications of job openings in social change work in the Philadelphia area. You can also post your organization’s job openings through the group.