About the Immigration Justice Fund
In the Philadelphia region, people from immigrant and refugee communities are mobilizing to address issues that directly affect them, including detention and deportation, exploitation of undocumented and migrant workers, lack of protection for undocumented survivors of interpersonal violence, access to quality healthcare and education, racial profiling of immigrant people of color, and more.
The Immigration Justice Fund makes grants to groups across the Philadelphia region that are organizing within immigrant and refugee communities to build power and make change.
Does my group qualify for a Immigration Justice Fund grant?
The Immigration Justice Fund makes grants to organizations that:
- Meet all basic eligibility criteria
- Have a long-term vision for and engage strategies that promote immigration justice
- Are led by people most affected by injustice, and build broad membership and leadership bases that can survive when key leaders step down
- Understand power differences based on identity and can talk about how they are trying to challenge those power imbalances both within their organizations and in their communities
- Prioritize ongoing education/consciousness raising for constituents and allies that broadens their membership base
- Have a plan, including short term and long term goals that are specific, achievable, and relevant to immigration justice
- Are knowledgeable about other organizations working on the same issue, and are able to work in coalition across movements, issues, and communities to amplify impact
- Are less likely to be funded by more traditional funders, because of their commitment to challenging power and prioritizing the leadership of marginalized people; therefore, a grant from Bread & Roses would be critical to seeding or sustaining their work
What is the award size from the Immigration Justice Fund?
The Immigration Justice Fund makes grants of $10,000.
Can an organization receive a grant from the Immigration Justice Fund and other Funds at Bread & Roses?
Organizations can apply for a grant in every Fund at Bread & Roses in which they meet the eligibility criteria. Organizations can receive up to $50,000 in grants from Bread & Roses within a 12-month period.
The 2019 deadline has passed.
Email email@example.com for more information or call 215.731.1007 ext. 206.