About the Future Fund
The Future Fund provides $5,000 grants to groups that are working on emerging issues or developing new approaches to social justice activism or community organizing. These groups may employ one or more effective strategies, such as: cultural work, media advocacy, and political education.
Who are previous Future Fund grantees?
The Future Fund has supported a wide range of organizations. Check out our list of recent grantees to see if the Future Fund is right for your organization.
Does my group qualify for a grant from the Future Fund?
The Future Fund makes grants to groups that:
- Meet all basic eligibility requirements and funding criteria
- Are new or emerging groups or organizations that are new to Bread & Roses
- Are focusing on developing their capacity and skills to build a local base and take collective action against the problem being addressed
- Are led by people most affected by injustice, and focus on building broad membership and leadership bases that can survive when key leaders step down
- Understand power differences based on identity and can talk about how they are trying to challenge those power imbalances both within their organizations and in their communities
- Are less likely to be funded by more traditional funders, because of their commitment to challenging power and prioritizing the leadership of marginalized people; therefore, a grant from Bread & Roses would be critical to seeding or sustaining their work
What is the award size from the Future Fund?
The Future Fund makes $5,000 grants. Groups who have received grants from the Future Fund in the past may reapply in the following grant cycle.
The deadline to apply was March 1, 2019.
How to Apply
If you need assistance completing the application, call 215.731.1107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We also accept paper applications. Grant applications may be delivered or mailed to:
Bread & Roses Community Fund
The Philadelphia Building
1315 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
No emails or faxes will be accepted.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.