Getting set up with Zoom
- You will need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with speaker or headphones.
- Download Zoom if you don’t already have it. Here is the download link: https://zoom.us/support/download
- If you already have Zoom downloaded, make sure you have the most updated version. Here’s how to find out what version you have.
- If you’re having tech problems, check out Zoom’s frequently asked questions in their help center. If you still need help, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joining the event
- When you’re ready to join, click on the link in your invitation to join via computer. You may be instructed to download the Zoom application.
- You have an opportunity to test your audio at this point by clicking on “Test Computer Audio.” Once you are satisfied that your audio works, click on “Join audio by computer.”
- If you are having trouble hearing the meeting, you can join via telephone while remaining on the video conference. Email email@example.com for the login info.
Navigating in Zoom
Using the icons in the bottom of the Zoom screen, you can:
- Mute/Unmute your microphone (far left)
- Turn on/off camera (“Start/Stop Video”)
- View Participant list – opens a pop-out screen
- Change your screen name that is seen in the participant list and video window
- Turn on/off closed captioning
Share a selfie
Attendees will be posting selfies on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter leading up to the event. Maybe you want to wear a fancy outfit you haven’t had an occasion to use in six months? We encourage you to post a selfie tomorrow and hashtag it #TributetoChange and tag Bread & Roses in it.
Download a Virtual Background
We’ve made special virtual backgrounds for our celebration! Learn how to add a virtual background to Zoom.
Click on one of the images below to open the high-resolution image, then save the image to your computer and follow the instructions at the link above.