Opportunity Fund grants are intended for special projects or emergencies that are not part of an organization’s ongoing work. These activities are frequently in response to rapidly emerging issues and might include: demonstrations and rallies, coalition efforts, conferences, or forums. Download an application now.
- Who are previous Opportunity Fund grantees?
- Does my group qualify for a grant from the Opportunity Fund?
- What is the award size from the Opportunity Fund?
- Who makes decisions about grants?
- What is the deadline for the Opportunity Fund?
- How do I apply for the Opportunity Fund?
The Opportunity Fund has supported a wide range of community groups, from ACT UP Philadelphia to Witnesses to Innocence. Check out our list of recent grantees to see if the Opportunity Fund is right for your organization.
The Opportunity Fund makes grants to groups that:
- Meet all basic eligibility requirements and funding criteria
- Are facing an emerging issue, project, or situation that is not part of the organization’s ongoing work
- Have not received an Opportunity Fund grant within the past 12 months
Grants range from $50 to $500. Groups who have received grants from the Opportunity Fund in the past year may not reapply in the following grant cycle.
A subcommittee of the Community Grantmaking Committee makes decisions about Opportunity Fund grants monthly. The CGC is a group of activists and community members.
Proposals must be complete and submitted electronically to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on the 1st of each month.
We have moved to an online application. We hope this online application will be easy for you to navigate. However, we will still be accepting paper applications. If you need assistance completing the application call 215.731.1107×206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the general guidelines carefully before applying. Make sure that your organization meets both the general guidelines and the specific guidelines (above) for the Opportunity Fund.
See here for a list of templates needed to apply. Note, you may not need every template, please refer to the application.