The Future Fund supports organizations that are working on emerging issues or developing new approaches to social justice activism. These groups may employ one or more effective strategies, such as: cultural work, media advocacy, and political education.
- Who are previous Future Fund grantees?
- Does my group qualify for a grant from the Future Fund?
- What is the award size from the Future Fund?
- Who makes decisions about grants?
- How do I apply for the Future Fund?
The Future Fund has supported a wide range of organizations, from Good Schools Pennsylvania to Proyecto Sol. Check out our list of recent grantees to see if the Future Fund is right for your organization.
The Future Fund makes grants to groups that:
- Meet all basic eligibility requirements and funding criteria
- Are new or emerging groups or organizations that are new to Bread & Roses
- Are focusing on developing their capacity and skills to build a local base and take collective action against the problem being addressed
Grants range from $2,000 to $6,000 annually. Groups who have received grants from the Future Fund in the past may reapply in the following grant cycle.
The grantmaking committee is a group of activists and community members who make decisions about grants.
Applications will be accepted until March 1, 2017. No late proposals will be accepted.
How to Apply
We have moved to an online application. We hope this online application will be easy for you to navigate. However, we will still be accepting paper applications. If you need assistance completing the application call 215.731.1107×206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grant applications may be delivered or mailed to:
Bread & Roses Community Fund
The Philadelphia Building
1315 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
No emails or faxes will be accepted.
Questions? Send an email to email@example.com.
See here for a list of templates needed to apply. Note, you may not need every template, please refer to the application.